days 20 & 21: cleaning, preparing, and experimenting with slide layout
This past summer I found the PERFECT light fixture to transform into a Photo Slide Light. This was on the curb slated for the dump.
I'd removed the outer rings and needed to clean the glue and the inner drum.
I then started experimenting with slide layout. My first sampling of slides was rather boring, so I opted to include the original rings with a much nicer effect.
day 30: finishing the photo slide light fixture
Once I settled on this setup, I removed the sample slides and worked on removing the glue and residue from the rings.
I have a stack of carousels a friend gave me from a photographer friend of her brothers. His photos are the perfect sampling of countries and cultures through his travels in the 70's and ideal subjects for this light.
I was so close to finishing this project when I ran out of connecters. I worried I'd have trouble locating more and would have to take this apart and reconfigure the slides. But I was able to hunt down enough to finish and the light is now DONE!!